Finishes

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kunsthåndverksmarkedet Oslo Year 2

At the end of August, I visited the Oslo Handmade Art Market (Kunsthåndverksmarkedet) with some of my crafty friends.  We went last year and unfortunately the artwork and items did not meet my expectations.  Last year there were many more vendors, and I don't know why but this time most of the items there seemed so bland.  Nothing creative really stood out at me.  I think part of the problem though is my mind is mixing up the Christmas craft show at the Folk Museum with this one.  That one was HUGE and had so many cool items that I braved the cold to see and buy.

Here are a few photos I took from this years event.



The event takes place at the Oslo Domkirken (Cathedral) and it is a very beautiful location to host a show like this.


A good friend of mine is a basket weaver so we had to stop to check out the beautiful hand-woven pieces!


Last year I was so tempted to buy one of these beautiful felt burn out dresses.  I almost convinced myself to buy one but then I did the math translation and they cost the equivalent of $500.  Which was way to much for me to pay for a dress when I was pregnant, but they still are gorgeous pieces.

And I had to sneak in this pic of a random owl I found guarding a window of one of the inner workshops.

Here is the link to the website where you can find out more about the market if you read Norwegian.  http://www.kunsthandverksmarkedet.no/   Even though I felt like this outing was a bust, afterwards I walked to the Glas Maganiset department store down in their basement where they have crafting supplies for sale to tempt myself.  I was good and didn't buy anything so on my way back to the bus stop I went in the Norwegian Hobby chain Panduro and picked up some card stock for a Cricut project I am working on.  I will show you the results later.


I'll post the pictures from the year before soon to see show you the difference that I experienced from this year to last.

2 comments:

  1. I love the burnt out felt/velvet dresses. They have some in the Chinese Pavilion at Epcot and they are done in teals and blues with peacock designing and bead work and fringe. Oh they are so elegant and pretty and $175. Which really is NOT bad. Especially if I think of clothing in Old Towne. I love seeing the pictures of your home. I would love to see it first hand but for some crazy reason the airlines seem to think that puddle we jump to get there costs a lot of gas.
    BTW. I HATE Captchas. on to try number 8 to post this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses sound so pretty! If I ever get back to Epcot I will be on the lookout for them. Usually you can get the cheapest airfare here in the winter or November (not around Turkey day) when no one in their right mind would want to come here when we only have 4 hours of daylight. I hate captchas too, I can never read what letter they think they are showing...so I took them off comments!

    ReplyDelete