Finishes

Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Progress Letter Writing Actual Norwegian Interiors

So my progress on my current cross stitch project inspired by the painting Letter Writing by Carl Larsson is really coming along!  I am more than half way finished!!  But with it being a YOTA project I figured maybe I would try to wait to share some pics until the next post on the first Sunday in February...we'll see if I can wait that long.

Anyways with all the time I am spending with this piece I can't help to see the similiarity from Norwegian to Swedish traditional interiors.  Here is the Swedish one depicted in my project...



And here are some pictures I will share from a birthday party held at a museum out in the Norwegian countryside that I attended my first summer here.  It was really special because the guest of honor's ancestors lived in the home of the museum and party.  Also I met a Norwegian who gives tours of the property and he had actually been to the sister city of the town in Northern Michigan!  It was really a small world moment which usually happen to me pretty often living overseas :)


Here is the main house and beautiful grounds.


A Midsummers outside decoration.


The beautiful view of the Norwegian countryside!


The stunning Interior parlor.


More Parlor furniture


A hand carved wooden chest.


Potted Plants on a window sill.


Simple table decorations for the meal.


The flag of Leer, Norway.


And last but not least a shot of the gorgeous flowers found in the garden on the grounds.

Norway really is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to!


1 comment:

  1. beautiful blog
    follow my blog mscreations27.blogspot.com
    all the best
    maria

    ReplyDelete