Finishes

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Year of the Acronym: Letter Writing

So a fellow blogger at Pull The Other Thread started a challenge that seemed right up my alley since the whole reason I started this blog is to encourage me to finish up the projects I have started.  The challenge is called Year of the Acronym or YOTA and here is my first monthly YOTA post of 2013.

My first project I am focusing on until it is finished is my Carl Larsson piece Letter Writing.  This is a very OLD project I can't even remember when I started it but it was probably sometime after I bought it in 2002. It is so old that the stitches aren't all going in the same direction (it took me a few projects to figure out this technique) and the willy nilly stitching is a little distracting to me but c'est la vie.

Here is where I had left it oh so many years ago with quite a few frogged stitches (that is probably why I got frustrated with it and put it away for so long).


And here is where I was a week ago after fixing most of the errors.


And ta da...here is where I am after working on it for the past 12 days!!


I am hoping that I can finish this piece by the end of the month...but we will see!  I already have my eye on a large unfinished piece that just needs backstitching to be complete and I would love to be able to start on it :)

Ok this was supposed to be on time...I had even scheduled this post, but somehow with my user error this didn't get posted.  There is nothing more humbling than being a blogger beginner! 

7 comments:

  1. Blogger can be frustrating no matter who you are! No worries about that. Your progress looks amazing! Good for you for trying to finish up old WIPs, I think that's a great idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's coming along really nicely! You'll finish it in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via Pull the other Thread. Wow, you have made great progress on your YOTA project! I hope you manage to reach your goal and have it finished by the end of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your YOTA you got loads done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with your YOTA! It is looking wonderful! Happy Stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is loaded in for my Grow Your Blog party - looking forward to your special party post. I hope you make lots of new friends at the party -
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOTA seems to be working going by your progress. Well done.

    ReplyDelete