Finishes

Monday, October 12, 2015

Fourth Finish of 2015 Bushel and a Peck

Hello again!  I wasn't kidding when I said that even though I hadn't been blogging I had been stitching! While back home in the U.S. I happened to be wandering around a Hobby Lobby store when this Bushel and a Peck design stopped me in my tracks.  I have a very good friend who loves that song because her Grandma used to sing it to her when she was little.  This friend also had a new baby last November and I wanted to make her something else since I made a birth sampler for her first child.  So this was perfect!  

Here's how far I got on the first day I started it on May 28th...


And little by little I was able to make more progress...






I had a small problem that I ran out of white floss.  This happened because I didn't want to have really long backstitch threads.  I tried to break them up in smaller chunks wherever I could but it caused me to use a little bit more thread than the kit provided.



Here is my finished stitching including the beads, French knots and back stitching!



I was even able to find a lovely frame at Hobby Lobby that I felt really matched the chalkboard theme of this design!  Overall it took me a little less than a month to start and finish this with really limited stitching time.  The designer of "Bushel & Peck" is Design Works Crafts, Inc.  The finished size is 8" x 10", and it was stitched on black 14 count Aida that was included in the kit.  My friend loved it which also made me happy that I found it and was able to finish it before we left to go back to Nepal!

Happy Stitching!






5 comments: