Finishes

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Life is Good Framed in Kathmandu

Hello again!  Last year when we arrived I started stitching the design "Life is Good" and completed it here in Kathmandu.  The kit came with a hoop to frame it with.  But I just have never been fond of using hoops to frame stitched pieces.  I had tried out bringing a stitched piece to another local framer here with pretty horrible results.  But that frame shop had moved and I was trying out a new one and thought I would use this small piece as a test for the new framers.  

Here is the finished result!


It looks great and really was a bargain (I don't think that I paid more than $10 for the frame mat and glass)!  But I had multiple things framed and got to see this before it was completed by chance and I'm glad I did because they used actual staples to staple the fabric to the back.  It is totally fine for something this small but I'm glad I didn't try out the framing with another finished piece that I had invested hundreds of hours on.  I decided to stick with my local framer back in Michigan for the rest of my stitched pieces that I want to finish by framing.  Have you ever had a bad framing experience with your stitched work?  Happy Stitching!



4 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! I've had some pretty horrible experiences with framers in Dubai. I've even had to take a couple of pieces to be re-framed at another place, that's how bad it was. Glad yours turned out so well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I was thinking of when you wrote about your bad experience getting your American a Flag quilt sampler framed.

      Delete