Finishes

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Stitch Maynia: Day 11 America the Beautiful

Day 11: Sue Hillis' America the Beautiful on Odyssey by Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. 

Can you tell which state I finished?



Kansas holds a special place in my heart because it was where my Grandmother on my Mother's side was born and attended college until she decided to join the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II.

Here is a shot where you can see more of the beautiful fabric which I hope will help mimic the terrain of the US.



This pattern was gifted to my be the very generous Claudette at BAP Attack just before my son was born in 2014. The stipulation for this gift was that it would be stitched and not just hoarded.  Unfortunately I feel really bad that I did not start it until 2016.  I have been trying to start this and add it in to my rotation for awhile, but I finally did with Stitch Maynia :). The fabric was one of the first mail items I received when I lived in Nepal.  At first I was a little bit disappointed with it. The image on the website showed more blue and brown colors, and mine has more purple and oranges.  But it has grown on me since my initial impression, and that is part of the fun and excitement of purchasing Hand Dyed fabrics.

Until the next time...Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely design, and that's some great fabric to stitch it on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic fabric for this design. I like your thinking too.
    I run a SAL called Gifted Gorgeousness to encourage people to stitch the projects they were gifted. Please join in if you'd like. The link-up is every 15th of each month.

    ReplyDelete