Finishes

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Olympic SAL Day 1 August 5th Olympic Rings - Blue

Hello :)  I am trying desperately to get caught up and stay on top of things showing you all my stitching progress.  WAY back in August of last year I participated in the Olympic SAL through Stitch Maynia group on Facebook.  This was a really fun SAL and it helped me to make some more progress on my Stitch Maynia starts.


Here is Aug 5th Olympic ring blue! I wasn't planning on a new start since I just had so many new starts (31!) in May...but I got this fabric in the mail today and couldn't resist starting Joan Elliot's Edwardian Lady. 
 
No automatic alt text available.


 I received this pattern from my exchange partner in the Under the Sea Summer Exchange, and it is my first time stitching a Joan Elliott design.  The dress the lady is wearing really reminds me of one of the scenes in the movie Titanic and Rose's iconic hat and costume.  What do you think? 


No automatic alt text available.


 The fabric is I believe called Heathered and is a 32 count linen from Fabrics by LJ.  I am usually not a fan of stitching on linen due to the rough feel of the fabric and the irregular slubs that can be woven into the fabric.  But I do love how well linen takes dyes and the results are some beautiful fabrics with very strong, deep colors. 


Get ready to see a lot of new posts from this challenge and one other so I can finally catch you up on my stitching. 


Happy Stitching!😇


1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely pattern, and that fabric is so pretty! Should be an interesting combination for sure :D

    ReplyDelete